Desert Heights provides a limited bus route along with intercampus morning and afternoon transportation. Transportation is provided on a first come, first served basis and fees will be assessed monthly based on the following:
– $30.00 per person, for any student who requires Intercampus Transportation before and/or afterschool between the DHCS and DHPA campuses.
– $50.00 per person, for any student who needs the morning and/or afternoon bus route.
– $10.00 per person, for any student needing “drop in” transportation.
Desert Heights offers a family rate for multiple students needing transportation. Please contact Debbie Hamza for more information.
Transportation fees are due on the first of each month and must be kept current in order for students to continue utilizing the service. A $10.00 late fee will be assessed after the 5th of the month. Also, prior to utilizing the transportation program, parents must complete the appropriate contract and students are expected to review and agree to all bus policies. Disciplinary action will be taken for any student who chooses not to follow the bus policy and this action includes, but is not limited to, the forfeiture of transportation services.
Debbie Hamza is our transportation coordinator and can be contacted to address questions regarding our transportation service. Use the following links to download and complete the appropriate paperwork. Please return completed forms and payment to the front office for further processing.
We currently offer the following bus stop locations:
- 87th Avenue & Indian School
- 61st Avenue & Bethany Home Road
- 59th Avenue & Northern
- 43rd Avenue & Northern
- 58th Avenue & Greenway
- 43rd Avenue & Peoria
- 45th Avenue & Bell Road
- 55th Avenue & Union Hills PM Only
- 47th Avenue & Grovers (Boys & Girls Club) PM Only
- 77th/79th Avenue & Union Hills
- 91st Avenue & Union Hills
- 91st Avenue & Hearn
- 83rd Avenue & Cactus
Please note, students with an outstanding transportation balance from the prior school year are not eligible for transportation services for the current year until the prior balance is paid in full. Also note, transportation fees must be paid separately from any other school fees. Please make checks payable to Desert Heights Schools.